Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

One Trip Around the Sun : Project Quilting Challenge #2

It's Project Quilting time again! My goals for this year are to beef up my free motion quilting skills, use fabric I already have and to push myself creatively. Challenge #2  is "Seasons" and although my intent was to stretch a little, I kept coming back to the predictable. So, here is "One Trip Around the Sun".


The center is foundation paper piecing with New York Beauty patterns found here. All the fabric was from my stash including many batiks and hand dyes. The diameter is 21 inches.

Winter is quilted with tiny mittens and snowflakes. Lori at The Inbox Jaunt has the cutest quilting motif tutorials.




Spring has a leafy vine.


Summer is quilted with a chain of flowers.



Fall is a beautiful orange batik and quilted with little apples in honor of our brave leader, Kim Lapacek, whose family owns an apple orchard.


And a peek at the back...busting the stash!



Thanks for reading! I'm linking to Project Quilting Season 7, Whoop Whoop Friday at Sarah's and Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She






10 comments:

  1. awww! I love this! And the little apple detail is so sweet of you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the detailed free motion quilting!! Beautiful designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is SO cute, Vicki....even down to the binding & backing! Love, love, love this in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! About how big did the quilt turn out to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I neglected to measure so I edited to add that. It's 21 inches in diameter.

      Delete
  5. That is beautiful, Vicki! Love your quilting, too - the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little quilt! Great New York Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beautiful! Your work is gorgeous and I do love the quilting!
    Lori Kennedy
    www.theinboxjaunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous, Vicki! I really like the subtle differences in the NYB blocks and the seasons. Nice to see you blogging again too. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!