Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Last year…

this was the view in our front yard in Tennessee. Beautiful, isn’t it?

bradford pear tree

Currently, in South Dakota, we have this. Equally beautiful in my opinion!

April 10 201313 See our house on wheels down there?

April 10 2013b The moisture is wonderful and none of us are complaining. Not much, anyway:)

In the midst of all that white stuff, I got my color fix in the form of new pincushion.

pincushion pincushion2 Other things I’ve been sewing are pillow covers to put in one of my Etsy shops, soon to be listed.

Pillowsblog

I bought some cotton yarn to see how it would dye, so a crocheted market bag was born from this pattern. My color taste usually run toward the brights when dyeing, but I think this one will get a more subtle treatment. marketbag

I’ve done a little dyeing for my new Etsy shop. purpleombre

Ombre hand dyed blue infinity scarf

The scarf market is not exactly hopping at the moment, so I’m considering some different items to put it that shop. It’s been a long time since I’ve sewn with knits, but my Brother has a great stretch stitch and makes it very easy. The serger’s been dusted off and warmed up, too.

Amber’s been playing with her iMovie app, so I’ll leave you with this little nugget. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Cute video. Love the dramatic score. It's good to get some moisture, too bad it wasn't in the form of gentle soaking spring rain. Awesome pillow covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we'll need the moisture in the summer. So I guess that the snow is important for groundwater purposes. Going from one type of white in the spring to another! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is so cute. He/She reminds me of one I had who was a Yorkie Silkie mix. Such a sweet heart he was. Your pillows are really cute, like the giraffe fabric one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!