Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

20,390,400 seconds..

…since I last blogged. Let me give you the highlights of the last few months.

Our house went on the market in mid November.  We have accepted an offer and the sale is pending!

The first week of December was our permanent relocation from Tennessee to South Dakota. It was, thankfully, an uneventful drive. We are happily tucked into our fifth wheel camper at Mr. DJ’s parents. The week after we arrived the temperatures bottomed out in the single digits for highs, but the little furnace kept us toasty.  McGas Propane (yes, you read it right) delivered a 250 gallon propane tank to make life easier. We have full use of the facilities in the house, so it’s not like we’re really roughing it.

backdoor

We were able to spend Christmas with family!!! Had a great New Year with dear friends, too.

I haven’t seen my complete fabric stash for months. I do know where it is and how to get to it quickly in an emergency.

There’s a space to sew in the basement of my in-laws home. It’s fine for small projects, but probably not large quilts and that’s okay.

I started a new Etsy shop and had a brief sewing frenzy when it was featured on the Front Page.

My knitting skills have improved and I thoroughly enjoy it.

knitted scarves

That’s about it. It was a long road to get back home, but we’re here and life will continue to be an adventure as we make decisions about our next housing move.

I have two tutorials in the works for projects I’ve posted on Craftsy, so I will be back in something less than 20, 390, 400 seconds.

So, because…image

this is where I’ll be today.

fireplace

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Glad all is well, even though it's frigid. Home is where the heart is! Had to giggle about not knowing where the fabric stash is in case of an emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad to hear about the offer! I hope it closes soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Yeppers, we RVers love our propane. Especially when it gets 14-degree cold. That beats filling the dinky tank every other day!

    Knitting makes good sense. It's a warm hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I've counted every single one of those seconds! I've missed your posts, friend! Glad to see you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I've been wondering! Glad you brought us all up to speed. Lots of exciting things happening, it looks like. Hope the house sale goes through without a hitch. I didn't know you had such a cute etsy shop with such a gorgeous model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, so happy to see you back and blogging! You know, you can blog without having any new sewing or knitting to show. hehehe Your new scarf looks so cozy and warm. Love your new Etsy shop, btw.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!