Pages

Friday, June 01, 2012

H2H and Blockapalooza finish!

Greetings from the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota! (Did I tell you I love it here?)

The quilts I made for H2H and the Sullivan Hills Quilt Auction are finished except for the crinkling! Please ignore the stray threads and “Yeller” hairs…they’ll get a good wash when I get back to Tennessee.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict

First of all, thanks to Sarah for spending so much time organizing this challenge. I’ll be linking up to her H2H “Show Off Your Quilts” post and you really should go see all the great quilts that have been donated. While you’re there, check out Sarah’s blog…you will be amazed at all this lady accomplishes!

I hope some little guy in New Orleans will like this. Since the original flimsy was pretty small, I added a border. 

H2H2012H2H2012a

My second finish is for the Sullivan Hills Quilt Auction. Sullivan Hills is a Nebraska Lutheran Outdoor Ministries church camp. The camp is located just a couple of miles from where I grew up and my mom and I would drive through the pasture to visit the lady who lived there. My brother and his wife, who now live on our old farm place, are the property managers for the camp.

 Sullivan Hills 2

When the owners of the farm passed away, their family donated the property to Lutheran Outdoors. We’ve witnessed the transformation from farm to this beautiful camp over the last several years. The little building (I think it was the milk house) is the only original structure left.

I finished the Block-a-Palooza quilt for my contribution to the auction. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out! There is more about this quilt here.

blockapaloozafinishcblockapaloozafinishdblockapaloozafinishb

What is it with cats and quilts? Yeller, the cat that adopted my in-laws a few months ago, was sure the quilts were meant for him.

yellerquilt

Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki

10 comments:

  1. Those are some great finishes and for a great cause! Love your furry model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are both beautiful, Vicki! You do such pretty work!! Thanks again for participating in H2H this year.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts - so great that you did these both for great causes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - cats and quilts! I love those pictures!

    Gorgeous quilts! I bet it felt great to finish these.

    Wait, did you say you're in South Dakota? Hope you are having a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt backs are as interesting as the fronts. It's like two quilts in one. Great job on both! I love the colors in the Block-a-Palooza auction quilt especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such generous donations. All of the quilts are wonderful, and the kitties are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both quilts are fabulous! {and Yeller is adorable} :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats 'n Quilts. Good name for a blog actually. I put a flimsy on my husband's lap and then arranged the auditioning backs around on the arms of the chair. Well, before you could say dippity-do-dah our kitty decided that a nap on DH's lap was on his agenda. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it isn't just cats, dogs will do the same, my Bella thinks that anything fabric is hers!
    Love both the quilts, but especially the white one, just love what you did with the back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is amazing. I love it. What cute photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!