Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

February Color Palette Challenge

Thanks to Vicki and Judy for sponsoring these challenges!
Edited to add to Sarah's Whoop Whoop Fridays! Thanks Sarah!
image
February’s color palette and my fabric choices. I have to say I love these colors!
Color Palette February2
I shared my ADD moment with New York Beauty blocks here. I’ve added two more blocks to the collection and plan to make enough for a wall hanging eventually.
color palette Feb2
Seriously, there are issues with me and completing projects lately. So just to call it a wrap, here’s a coaster! A little mindless piecing does a body good.
color palette Feb
This is the palette for March. What do you think? These are not colors I’m drawn to or would think of putting together, but that’s the point of the challenge after all.
image
For those of you who sent well wishes for my brother who had a heart attack, he’s doing well! I talked to him on the 27th (his birthday) and found out that he’s in a cardio rehab program for a few weeks and on an eating plan. He went back to taking score at high school basketball games right away, which is something he really enjoys. So, God willing, we’ll have him around for a while.
There was another birthday in the family. I’m the mother of a 30 year old! Amber made cake pops for herself:) Poor guy has a bit of a deformed eye, but he tasted fine! So did his buddies.
image
The birthday girl!
image

17 comments:

  1. I love your coaster and your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirty must be the new 20, because Amber does not look her age! (Nor do you, so maybe it's genetics.) Hope she had a happy BD!

    Oh, how I heart your NYB blocks in those colors! I wouldn't have been drawn to those colors either, but they sure look fabulous together. I really like that top left block with the dentil molding thing going on with the green, and the inner spikes inside the purple semi-circle. It really pops! And congrats on the cute coaster. I know what you mean about being finishing challenged. Last month was a total non-finish month, and not a whole lot started either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like your NYB blocks. I especially love that bright purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the NYB blocks and great color challenge piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your NYB blocks are gorgeous! I'm doing NYBs for Feb as well, but they won't be done until April or so :)

      Delete
  5. Love both the New York Beauties and your little coaster!! Great colors! I am looking forward to March...love the richness of the reds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Hip hip hurrah for the birthday girl (and she's really beautiful!!!) and hip hip hurrah for the recovering of your brother!!
    I always love the NY beauty blocks and yours are terrific! I'm with you for the March color Palette: not my piece of cake, but, as you said, that's exactly the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little coaster and you new york beauties are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad your brother is doing good! Your Challenge blocks and Coaster ate fabulous! Nice color choices and work! Great pops too something I am not willing to try (might eat them!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New York beauties--ooooh how gorgeous they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those NYB blocks are awesome! I love looking at them, but probably will never make one myself - so I'll just enjoy yours vicariously! Glad to hear your brother is doing well, and tell your daughter happy birthday for me!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to the birthday girl! Cake pops are such a fun way to celebrate. Glad to hear your brother is doing better too! That must be a relief.

    Love love love your NY beauty blocks! They are a perfect way to showcase that palette you put together. The March palette makes me think of fall with the darker hues, but it's a fun mix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Amber!
    I like the colors in both challenges but agree the figs are my prefered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your February blocks are so beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with the March colors!
    Quilting by the River - Linky Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. those blocks are great!! Did you dye the fabrics?? Love the cake pops ! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love figs and love the colors you picked. You have a great eye. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my grandmother's flower garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those New York Beauty blocks are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!