Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2012

I wish…

..I had something sew worthy to blog about, but it’s not to be. There are some pretty awesome quilt-alongs happening, but I have to resist and get my house repairs done! Rats.

I did win some scrumptious batiks from Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works! Amy at Amy’s Creative Side was the sponsor, so thanks to both lovely ladies for this new addition to my stash!

 

image

We made a quick road trip to celebrate my mother-in-law’s 80th birthday. Four days of driving (from Middle Tennessee to the Black Hills of South Dakota) and one day to visit, but it was worth it. Here’s the birthday girl with some of her flowers. She’s a peach:) We saw sisters and brothers and nieces and great nieces and great nephews…I’m so glad we went!

image

If you’ve never made the drive across South Dakota on I-90, you’ve never seen the “Man Walking Dinosaur” sculpture.  A little prairie humor.

image

I did a lot of the driving on the way since Mr. DJ was working, but I made a few of these on the way back. Round crochet got tedious, so I gave square and triangle a shot.

crocheted bowls

Now to weave in the ends and felt them in some hot, soapy water and see how they turn out.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my stubborn brother:)  We were able to see him (and my other brother and their wives) on the way back from SD. He seems to be doing quite well and he didn’t need the sister sermon…he’s heard it from all sides already.

The next Project Quilting challenge theme is Tool Time. Paint rollers and brushes have been my most used tools of late, so I’ll have to toss that around and see where it lands.

And just to include something quilty, here’s some little bows I was playing with a couple weeks ago.

 100_4926

Okay, back to sanding! I’m itching to do something creative today, so I’d better get some jobs checked off the list!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning those luscious batiks! Yippee! Happy birthday to your Mom in law!!!!!

    I must've missed that. Was that just past Sioux Falls? When we left Sioux Falls it was dark.

    I'm headed back into the studio today after a short hiatus. Just haven't felt creative... I so need to get my mojo back. The move really jumbled things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little crochet bowls - I just haven't gotten the hang of crochet yet!
    Also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the "Versatile Blogger Award" on my blog today - entropyundone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinosaur sculpture is so cool looking, especially from the perspective you took the photo. Glad to hear your quick trip went well. I love your crochet bowls, especially the cool new shapes you dreamed up. I bet they are going to look even cooler after you felt them. Looking forward to seeing the lovely new creations you make with those fun batiks fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your brother seems to be doing well. How sweet of you to get to visit your MIL for her birthday. Looks like you've got some cute crocheted and quilty things in the works!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!