Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

Wooly bully!

Remember the felted soap?

soap2

If you guessed I couldn’t stop there, you would be correct.

Wool is a very cool thing.  If you’re not familiar with it, this is wool roving from merino sheep. Merino is said to be the best for felting.

wool roving 

In it’s original form.

imagePhoto credit here

These pieces of felt were made by layering wisps of the roving and then working it with soap and hot water. The little hearts were needle felted onto the white piece with the needle pictured above with the roving.

felt

The little bowls were crocheted with wool yarn and then wet felted. The little one is only a bit over 2 inches across.

felted bowls

And these are needle felted hearts…about one inch in size.

felted hearts

Very habit forming. Of course, the thought crossed my mind that I could dye my own roving, but protein fibers (animal) need a different sort of dye than cellulose fibers (plant) and I don’t want to go there. I’ll let someone else have that fun!

I have been sewing, too! Here’s a peek.

love pillows crop

 

The real Wooly Bully.

Wooly Bully

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty stuff, Vicki! You are having fun, it looks like! I especially like the little hearts - and that pillow is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooly bully...wooly bully...wooly bully...

    Those bowls are like precious little perfect nests! So cute.

    Love the pillows (I see more than one!). Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I remember your most awesome felted soaps! I love these new ones too, especially those adorable little hearts. I love the colors of those little bowls - how cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!