to print. I mentioned here that I had signed up for a hand printed fabric swap and I’ve been doing some prep work for that.
Basic set of lino cutting tools.
My drawing skills are next to nil, but I figured I could manage a house and a tree. These gray linoleum pieces are pretty easy to cut. They’re very thin so I’ll probably mount them on a wood block before I use them.
I also picked up this Moo Carve block to try. It cuts like butta!
There’s no way a fox was in my repertoire, so I leaned on Google for some assistance. I’m glad I didn’t try to cut this from the lino.
I wanted to try a screen print without spending a lot on a a thermofax screen. So after some research here and there, I bought a voile sheer curtain, stapled it to a frame and traced a design.
Mod Podge is applied as a resist to the areas you don’t want to print.
I’m on my way to the dye studio (basement). The plan is to use thickened dye instead of ink to print. Plus, I have six new colors to play with! I love Dharma:)