Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Getting ready…

to print. I mentioned here that I had signed up for a hand printed fabric swap and I’ve been doing some prep work for that.

Basic set of lino cutting tools.

lino tools

My drawing skills are next to nil, but I figured I could manage a house and a tree. These gray linoleum pieces are pretty easy to cut. They’re very thin so I’ll probably mount them on a wood block before I use them.

stamp house

I also picked up this Moo Carve block to try. It cuts like butta!

stamp moo

There’s no way a fox was in my repertoire, so I leaned on Google for some assistance. I’m glad I didn’t try to cut this from the lino.

Moo carve fox

I wanted to try a screen print without spending a lot on a a thermofax screen. So after some research here and there, I bought a voile sheer curtain, stapled it to a frame and traced a design.

screen circles

Mod Podge is applied as a resist to the areas you don’t want to print.

mod podge

I’m on my way to the dye studio (basement). The plan is to use thickened dye instead of ink to print. Plus, I have six new colors to play with! I love Dharma:)

Stay tuned..

7 comments:

  1. What fun! Your designs look great. I can't wait to see how they print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks exciting, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - can't wait to see what comes out of the studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all very interesting. I'm dying to see how everything comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just fascinating! I would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I've always wanted to try making a lino cut block. Love the images you chose. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!