Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 29: Sunny Saturday!

A Barbie house exploded on my desk.

pinkI’m working on a little something for daughter Ashley. She still loves pink! She was 26 on the 26th and we all completely forgot her birthday until the day before. Bad family! Maybe a pink explosion in a squishy will help a little.

We had guests this week from Buffalo, Wyoming. The guys have been friends since elementary school and were in their first rock band together in Jr. High, The Underground Light Bulb. There was a good amount of story telling and retelling and a couple of new episodes that had slipped through the cracks. We haven’t seen each other in seven years so it was a fun three days! Lois has found her niche in stained glass and brought me this wonderful little candle holder!

candle holder

We hit the consignment stores and I scored some tarnished goodness for a wall coat rack I’m dreaming up.

dorrknobs

We ate at the Hard Dock CafĂ© (yes, that’s right) in Decatur, AL Wednesday night. This was the view! Glorious!

image

It’s a treat to see the sun today after the last two days of cold and rain. (Sorry to all of you in the northeast! Brrr!)

To top the day off with a flourish…Nebraska-24, Michigan State-3! Go Big Red! Thanks to my Wisconsin readers who do not mention that game a few weeks ago:)

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - where to start on all your pretty pictures! Love the shot of the sunshine (it is so nice, isn't it?), your daughter's quilt is going to be beautiful, and I can just see all the wonderful things you could make out of your consignment store finds!! And oh, that beautiful candle holder!! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful day! Don't you just love Saturdays?! Me too. Your sewing project looks fun to work on. How awesome you got to see the sun again. I'm not mentioning any games...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of eye candy! I can't wait to see the pink concoction. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum's the word.

    Love the sunset photo. What a view!

    I'm sorry, but "The Underground Light Bulb" name is giving me the giggles. I think I'm just overtired.

    Pretty pink stuff in the works there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud at the barbie comment. Only you, woman... only you!

    I love Lois' candlholder. That is so pretty!

    Have fun! hard Dock Cafe? I'll have to remember that place...

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!