Pages

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Blogtoberfest* Day 2: ‘Needle’ little inspiration?

If you’re like me, the creative juices flow like frozen molasses occasionally and you crave new ideas. Since I’m a visual learner, I’ll typically turn to Flickr, Pinterest, You Tube or other blogs to see what might spur me on to creating something new. But it’s very time-consuming to visit page after page of photos and I usually end up feeling guilty for not actually getting down to business. When I do make it to the sewing room or dye studio (think basement), I can’t work in silence. Music drives me crazy, which is another subject entirely, so I typically listen to an audiobook or talk radio. But about a year ago I discovered podcasts.

The first one I listened to was Pat Sloan’s show on Toginet called Creative Talk Radio. A few months ago the show became American Patchwork and Quilting Radio, but the older podcasts are still available for download. Pat is a true gem and I had the pleasure of meeting her in person at the Paducah show in 2010. Her radio show airs on Mondays and you can download any of them to listen to at your convenience.

image

Another favorite of mine is Mark Lipinski’s Creative Mojo which is also found on Toginet. His is a two hour show and includes a wide range of guests from all sorts of creative fields. Mark is very outspoken which mostly enhances the flavor of his show, although I do cringe once in a while at his remarks. I might even blush. Embarrassed smile

image

Jackie Kunkel, from Canton Village Quilt Works fame, also has a collection of podcasts that she calls Jackie’s Quilting Chronicles. She generally has a new show up once a month and they’re always very informative.

image

Here is a list of podcasts I found at The Quilting Gallery that I haven’t explored yet.

If you have any favorite podcasts that are of the creative variety I’d love for you to share those links in the comments.

*Off the topic, I’ve decided to join the ranks of Blogtoberfest! The challenge is to blog every day in the month of October, which may be a stretch for me, but I feel the need for a challenge at the moment, so here we go! Feel free to ignore any or all of my Blogtoberfest posts as I don’t expect comments every day. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Pat Sloan link. I know I will love her show! Mark is great too. Jackie, she's just the bomb! There's so much talent and inspiration out there. Good luck on Blogtoberfest. It's always fun to read blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!