Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 15: I dub thee..

..eggs in the grass!

ovals

Clamp your folded fabric in between two plexiglass shapes (purchased here) and this is what happens! This technique is called itajime shibori.

oval plexis

I played with color mixing a little yesterday to come up with something more subdued than my usual brights. 

fall colors

I like them! At the moment, I have only eight different colors to work with, but there are endless combinations. I also started documenting on sheets of drawing paper how many parts of this and that to use to reproduce a particular color. Kind of like a recipe but more fun than cooking!  

chart

I intend to make this part of my dyeing process every time, so I’ll need to neaten it up a little.

I’m officially another year older. I can now get my senior discount at Hancock’s every first Wednesday of the month. Party!

Take the short trip to Sarah’s to see who is Whooping it up. Have a glorious weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Vicki! I love Eggs In The Grass! And congratulations on the senior discount - a small benefit to getting older, but a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Vicki! Love the Eggs in the Grass. So cool! They could be alien eyes too. Must be the time of year, I'm thinking of creepy things, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!