Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 14: Do people need a hobby?

image

I woke up this morning to several messages from people on Twitter that my account had been hacked and I needed to change my password. I rarely even check Twitter anymore, so last night when I got a message from someone I follow that included a link to a fake Twitter site, I logged right on in! Of course, Mr. Hacker ran with that and sent messages to other people from my account. There is a small comfort in the fact that I got it from someone else who fell for it, too.

Maybe Mr. Hacker needs to take a nice knitting class.

image

Wouldn’t it be more satisfying to have a scarf or mittens to show for all that work?

Speaking of knitting, every year I get out the needles to take another stab at it. We went to a car race in Woodstock, GA last weekend, so I grabbed some needles and a skein of yarn to have something to pass the time in the car and still be able to carry on a conversation. After I remembered how to cast on, I knitted a few rows, purled a few rows and ripped it all out. Trying to manipulate two sticks and a string is like herding cats to me. I can crochet fairly well, but throw that extra instrument in there and things turn ugly. I just checked out a knitting book from the library, so we’ll see if that does any good.

I had to renew my driver’s license today. I thought without a doubt there could not be a more hideous ID photo as the one on my old ID. I was wrong. It must have been payback for the hair dyeing vanity session of earlier this morning.

Anyway, I’m off to the dye studio (basement) to try some new resist clamps and then hope to spend some time sewing.

What are you working on?

 

2 comments:

  1. I've had an easy day today - no major projects were hanging over my head this morning, so I slacked off! But tomorrow I have to get back to work quilting some of these tops I've got waiting to be made into yummy crinkly goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hacker messages were annoying! I agree, those people should find something more productive to do with their time. Like knitting! I usually pull out my knitting needles this time of year too. So far, I've made a pair of fingerless gloves and a hat. Now I'm working on another hat and matching pair of mittens. So therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!