Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 12: Crinkled with a stripey binding

Harvest Star table runner

harverst star runner 2

This is one of the first things I pieced when I became interested in quilting a couple of years ago. I was attracted to the wonkies right away. It’s nice to finally dig it out of the pile and finish it.

harverst star runner 3

This wall hanging’s been waiting for a while, too. Free pieced letters and big spools.

stitch hanging 4

I started some swirls in the white spaces and wavy lines to give the impression of thread on the spools.

stitch hanging

These HSTs in this orphan block were cut from the corners of the spools. The fabric is Authentic from Sweetwater.

authentic pinwheel block

No one has come up with a worthy QOTD yet. We’ll try to do better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. What, you didn't like my QOTD? I'll try to do better...

    Love the wonky stars, and your free-pieced letters look great! I like that quilt a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table runner! I do love wonky stars more than anything, and I love those colors you put together. Must be a great feeling to have your spool quilt almost done too! Maybe you can teach me to do those free-pieced letters sometime. WOuld love to know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table runner. There's nothing better than a crinkly quilt. Last night at our modern guild meeting a member got a crinkly runner in the swap. I was totally jealous!

    "Thou shalt not covet another guildmember's quilt"

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!