Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A new baby in the family!

We have a new grand niece! Meet Lillian Sue:)

Lilliann

Babies need lots of cute onesies.

onesies

The blue ones are ombre dyed from dark on the bottom to lighter on the top. It’s a little hard to tell in the photos.

onesies 2

The designs were stitched with a heavy thread before dyeing. I wasn’t sure how clear they would be, but I’m very pleased with the results. Lilli’s mom grew up on a ranch, so the boots are right up her alley!

onesies 3

Reversible shoes (tutorial here) to match and a burp cloth. These are so easy! I’ll make a few more of each to send.burp cloth and shoes

Check out more Whoop Whoop! projects at Sarah’s place. Thanks, Sarah!

Some feathered friends for your viewing pleasure.

Ruby-throated hummingbird.

hummingbird

hummingbird 2

hummingbird 3

Baltimore Oriole

oriole

I debated whether to show you the photo I got of the oriole relieving himself, but didn’t think I’d put my maturity level on public display. It is pretty funny, though. Ahem.

oriole 2

Coming up next…the new kitchen reveal!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's a cutie, and it looks like you've been busy making sure she's well supplied with cute outfits. Love the onesies and the shoes.

    Those are some great bird pictures too. I think I'm on the same maturity level as you because that sounds like a pretty funny shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha loved the baby clothes and the photos - but the comment about the Oriole made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little baby goodies - for such a cutie!! I know you're excited!!

    And I wonder why we don't have any of those Baltimore Orioles around my place? I've not seen one here, although I have seen the hummingbirds.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have a new baby in the family, especially for sewing projects. Love how cool those baby clothes look in your hand dyed fabrics.

    Love your bird photos, as always! I can't remember the last time I saw a Baltimore Oriole - always forget to put out orange slices to attract them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those onesies are adorable... and the new babygirl is just precious! Ya know as I get older I can't help but be more sentimental about babies and hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on those onesies!! love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!