Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

I really don’t know what I’m doing..

but I’m sure having a good time! One thing about dyeing fabric is that it’s not always predictable. None of these turned out the way I’d planned but I know why and that’s a good thing.

waxed diamonds

batik red

waxed zigzag

 batik black

waxed drops If you compare the pictures you’ll see that these batik marks are different because I dyed it a second time. I took P.’s advice and went literal!

batik blue drops

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I have yet to use any of these fabrics. I did send some to Terri and this is a sampling of what she made. She sent me the cute covered journal in the center!  Her blog and Etsy shop are definitely worth a visit.

image

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to our old friend Sally last week.

1989-2011

22 years!

dudeandsally2

Her original name was Egon and her brothers were Peter Venkman (PV) and Slimer. Somehow the song “Lay Down Sally” influenced a name change. She was a good girl:)

7 comments:

  1. Great dyed fabrics. You will have fun when you start to cut them up. Sorry to hear about Sally. 22 years is pretty old for a cat isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Sally. When you have a pet that long, they are truly a part of the family!
    The fabrics are wonderful. Yes, you WILL enjoy using them when you start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about Sally! She looks like she was a great cat, though! Love your fabrics - and especially what Terri made from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sorry about Sally. I'm sure you miss her like crazy.

    Nice job on the fabric! I see the holiday project potential of that red one, in particular. The shapes remind me of peppermints. And the raindrops look fab against the blue. I'm imagining it as the center of a wall quilt with maybe cat/dog and/or flower prints around it and an umbrella appliqued on the blue print. Raining cats and dogs? There I go with the literal interpretation again. ;) Love the zippered purse and other projects made with your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the loss of Sally.

    I like your dyed fabric. It is something that I haven't tried yet, but it is on my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to read about Sally! I bet she was a joy to have around.

    I love your new fabrics! Didn't you get the memo that you're supposed to fake it and act like you know what you're doing?! lol My mom always tells me that. I love your attitude and humility!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabrics are amazing!!! I don't think I would be able to cut them up!!!

    I am sorry about your loss of Sally! Our pets are so very special to us, they give us so much and ask for so little. She will remain always in your heart, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!