Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Obi-Jane-Kenobi

Here are some pretty irises to distract you from the fact that I don’t have any photos of sewing accomplishments to show you.

iris

I made 6 blocks for Margaret’s Hope Chest and mailed them. I forgot to take pictures.

 

iris 3

I sent fabric to my H2H partner, Megan. I forgot to take pictures.

two toned iris

I finished the sheetrock and painted the new mudroom. It’s not worth taking pictures of painted walls. We have a couple of cabinets and flooring to install before it’s finished anyway. I painted a lot of other stuff, too. B-o-r-i-n-g!

two toned iris 3

Speaking of cabinets, did I mention we purchased our new kitchen cabinets from Lowe’s and they’re stacked in the basement. Installation date to be determined. Translated - If other things would stop breaking, we might have time on the weekends to work on these endless projects!!

We’ve used Lowe’s stock cabinets before and were very pleased with them. Of course, custom made are wonderful (we’ve had them before, too), but completely out of the budget right now. The hickory finish was our first choice and they were on sale a few weeks ago so they were a little less expensive than the oak.

Stemless Evening Primrose

I believe this is a Stemless Evening Primrose. I don’t remember seeing this one last year.

 

This is Ashley, our Denver daughter who was here for a few days. She’s modeling a feather extension for Amber’s Etsy shop, Amethyst Sunflower.

image

This is Amber modeling a feather headpiece for her shop.

image

This is Two Twenty Something Peas in a Pod with their real hair just being, you know, real.

image

Oh, look! This white iris just bloomed this morning!

white iris

You didn’t even notice the lack of anything sewing related, did you? Mad Jedi skills have I!

I have a new project cooking this week. Maybe I’ll remember to take some pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Nope, didn't even notice. Gorgeous irises and even more gorgeous daughters work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what P. said!!! I think you did great!! (I hate it when I forget to take pics!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the iris! Makes me miss TN! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get your irises to grow so tall? We were delighted to discover irises in our front yard after we moved in, but they seem to be somewhat stunted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay to blog without showing any sewing! But I know what you mean, I hate it when I forget to take pictures before sending off a project.

    Gorgeous flowers! And gorgeous pictures. Your irises look really beautiful. I don't think ours will bloom for at least a month, so it's a treat to see yours.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!