Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finally finished (Edited for Friday Whoop!)

Before I get to the quilts, I want to let you know about a Challenge/Charity Swap. Today is the last chance to sign up and there are prizes!  The sign up time is over and there are 48 participants! Well done and thanks to Sarah for all her hard work! 

 image

Speaking of Sarah, I’m linking this post to her Whoop! Whoop! Friday sharing session. (See the sidebar for the link --->)

Last fall my niece asked me to make quilts for her three children. We brainstormed color schemes and design possibilities and I got busy ordering fabric and sketching. They’re finally finished and ready to go to Texas!

Kirstyn

Kirstyn 4

Kirstyn 2 (2)

Karson

Karson 5

Karson 3

Gino

Cars with a built in road system!

Gino 2

Gino 3

A little personalization was stitched into each quilt.

Their name, the year and my name. You may be able to click to enlarge in order to see better.

Kirstyn close

Karson close

Gino close

I have good help! Since I have a soft spot for barn quilts, Amber thought it would be appropriate to have shed quilts.

Amber hanging quilt

Amber hanging quilt 2

 

Amber’s blog is here. You can see what goes on inside the shed!

16 comments:

  1. Those are awesome, Vicki! You did a great job on all three!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are fabulous! Love the circles especially.

    I tried to comment on Amber's blog but got an error message and it wouldn't let me try again. Anyway, re the purple jewelry box, I wanted to tell her I've heard cat litter sometimes helps with the stank. Love her re-dos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just outstanding, Vicki! What wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those fabulous quilts! I love each one of them. How wonderful to see how productive you've been in the quilting room. Love the photo style shoot too. (and Amber's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I really really like that first quilt... really like... did I tell you I really liked that first one? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilts. I particularly like the colors in that first quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great quilts!! they will be treasured. Love how you personalized each one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Wow, they will be loved to pieces! I love the backs...pieced backs are wonderful and a really nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Work!! Whoop! Whoop! I know it's a bit late for this but...if you ever do another quilt with roads, consider creating a pieced road. I think it would be easier than sewing on all those white stripes. If you want an explanation, I'll tell you how.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilts, and they are going to a Great state, too! Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoop, Whoop! Way to go, Vicki, what happy quilts! And so special when they're designed especially for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all! Great idea for the personalization. Heading to Amber's site now. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Amber is an awesome musician! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoop! Whoop! Love these wonderfully fun quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulously fun quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!