Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Catching up

I’m linking to Sarah’s Whoop Whoop post! Thanks for letting us share, Sarah!

Block-a-palooza update (link is in the side bar)

I’m starting to love flying geese!

This is a block for a group quilt being made for an Etsy seller who lost her son in a house fire recently.

Contributing to something like this really helps me put my own priorities in order.

The fabric is from Pat Sloan.

This is a corner of a quilt I’m making for my niece’s son. I ran out of the yellow fabric and was lucky to be able to order more!

I’ll share more about this later. It’s been a fun top to work on!

My new toySmile  It’s certainly a painful reminder about how out of shape I am! Gotta keep at it so wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping up so well with the Blockapalooza! I love how all your blocks are turning out with such perfect points. Looks like a fun project. And good for you for contributing to that charity too.

    Love seeing your new elliptical. I have been using mine 3-4 days a week for about a year and a half. It was SO painful at first, till I got into a routine. Hope you find your routine too cuz it feels good to get back into shape. Lots of gold stars for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on blockapalooza... so behind.

    That elliptical looks like a torture machine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, there's lots to whoop about here today! First, your BAP blocks continue to be awesome. I think #12 is my favorite so far. The quilt for your niece's son looks cool. And your new toy looks to be kinda fun, if you don't think about what hard work it is! Good luck with all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Vicki! You've been one busy girl! I'm a couple of blocks behind on the Block-a-palooza -- I came to a screeching halt when I got to the appliqued geese. I do applique, so don't know why that threw me for a curve. Guess I'll take a day next week and catch up. You go girl, and best wishes with your monster machine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Vicki, I'm so sorry - I just remembered there were a couple of links I didn't get to check out last week, and yours was one of them! My internet was so in-and-out I kept losing my connection.... I love love love your blocks - I've got to pick up this quiiltalong after the fact, when i can print out all the directions and save them. They are so pretty! And good luck on that machine - it looks painful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!