Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Block-a-palooza

Block-a-palooza Block 5

blockapalooza 5

Block 6

blockapalooza 6

Here are the first 6 in order

Blockapalooza 1-6

There’s a flock of flying geese in these blocks and I had a crazy time getting them tamed. I’ll post about that a little later.

 

The K quilt top

K quilt

 

I can’t back up far enough from my design wall to get a good picture! The “K” block I showed you last week was not working, so I changed it slightly. I had this put together once and it was completely out of square, so this is the second assembly. Lesson learned…measure carefully as you go!! A tiny eighth inch discrepancy in several pieces added up to 2+ inches off from top to bottom. You’d think I’d know better by now!

I’m linking up to Sarah’s blog. Check it out!

image

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Cool blocks! They are going to make one gorgeous quilts. I love the fabrics you are using, which really shine with these patchwork designs.

    Cool K quilt too! I hate it when you're off by such a small amount, making it frustrating and hard to figure out which direction to go.

    Happy to see you're so productive these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop-whoop! I LOVE your blocks and "k" quilt. I look forward to hearing how you tamed those geese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That K quilt is something! What a great idea - can I steal it? (the idea, not the quilt!) And I love your blocks - I think this is going to turn out to be a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks. You had a great week - whoop whoop!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun blocks, Vicki.
    I've tamed flying geese with Patti Anderson's technique--it's really fun and so very accurate!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!