Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I like birthdays:)

Mr. Dotty and I haven’t purchased gifts for each other for years. We’re entirely happy to buy what we want, when we want or when we can afford it. For my birthday (Oct. 15) I did a little shopping!

Supreme Slider

Supreme Slider Quilts glide over it! I’m not sure whether it’s improved my free motion quilting, but I’ll keep working on it.

Supreme Slider 2

Kwik Klip for use with basting pins.Kwik Klip Curve Master presser foot. I found some video tutorials for it and it wasn’t nearly as easy for me as it looked! I did get better with some practice. 

Curve Master

Youngest daughter Ashley sent a Joann’s gift card! They had 40% off all rotary cutting tools, so I picked up this rotating cutting mat. I think it will be very handy.

Rotating mat I’ve had a flex ruler on my list for a while so I grabbed one of those, too!

Flex Ruler

This has nothing to do with birthdays, but I’ll throw it on the heap. I joined a Brown Bag challenge, or Ugly Fabric Challenge as some are called. This is what I received and I don’t think it qualifies as ugly. But, I do understand how a girl gets tired of looking at the same fabric in her stash all the time and wants it out of there. Now to figure out what it will become!

Brown Bag

It’s odd that I’d been looking at purple fabrics recently. Maybe it was a premonition.

I get so tired of having bobbins everywhere that I can’t identify. I always have 3 or 4 spools that are close in color, but slightly different. With the Coats and Clark, I can put 2 bobbins under the spool on this rack, but the Gutterman’s is bigger. Q-tip to the rescue!

Qtip bobbin holder

Back to the birthday topic. My baby is 25 today! Happy birthday Ashley:)

ash

6 comments:

  1. Dang, I can't believe I missed your birthday! (bad friend) I love how you and Mr. Dotty celebrate. Your "gifts" look fun to mess around with. Practice makes perfect, right? That's my mode when it comes to machine quilting. It is hard but worth the extra time. And happy day to Ashely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you! I like the slider, but I can't bring myself to trim it. Isn't that dumb? So far no problems with it just hanging over the machine bed. The Kwik Clip is really handy. Does that cutting mat rotate? If so, I need one! And those drunkard path blocks in the background are beautiful! Love that floral fabric.

    Happy birthday to your lovely daughter too! Mine will be 23 next week. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I don't think that fabric is ugly at all. Challenging, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for birthdays!!!!!!! Looks like you got lotsa loot!

    I love the Qtip idea! I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cingratulations! Lovely and useful 'present'! I try to think where to use that flex? I'm still quite new in quilting...
    I love those fabrics, beautiful fall colours!
    Best wishes from Finnish woman living in Crete! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! I love all the things that you got, esp. the fabric and the gadgets.
    You have a lovely blog!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!