Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Fall 2010

Amy at Amy’s Creative Side is sponsoring her fourth Blogger’s Quilt Festival! It’s an online event for quilters of all ability levels to share their quilts. Thanks, Amy, for all your hard work to put this together and thanks to the sponsors who are offering prizes. image I haven’t made a lot of quilts in my short quilting career, but this is my current favorite. I call it Wonky Boxes. I started with a charm pack of Jennifer Paganelli’s Pretty Please and it evolved from there with no real plan. You can read about it here and here if you’d like.

Wonky Boxes 2

I decided to go bold on the back with Kona Tangerine pieced with a lone block floating in white.

Wonky Boxes 4

I really enjoyed the process of making this quilt. I did have a glitch when I quilted it and then hated the quilting and ripped it all out for a do over, but I love the way it turned out!

Please stop by Amy’s and enjoy all the wonderful quilts!

23 comments:

  1. Love that quilt!! Such a pretty way to use such pretty fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tangerine sure is bold, but I really like it!! Awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! I love that you worked through it without a plan, which can be hard but worth the effort. I think the quilting looks fabulous. You should be product of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheerful quilt! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely colourful quilt!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you used on the quilt. Off setting with white sure makes them stand out. I love this cheerful quilt. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt! DH just had a look over my shoulder and said something that sounded like "nice one" ;-)) - guess you can take that one as a compliment ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy quilt.. Love the momochromantic blocks and white.

    you will enjoy the kona cotton colour card. I love mine, so handy in planning and ordering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cheerful quilt. Great color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice quilt:)) Thank you so much for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the color sequence. Jazzes up a simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt - I like how it is a clean and sharp pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so pretty and fresh looking. I love the colors. The Kona tangerine on the back is especially delicious. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great quilt. As to unquilting it, been there, done that, but it's well worth it in the end to have a quilt that you love instead of one you feel ho-hum about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is such a happy quilt. Love the tangerine on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is a great quilt! What a good idea for a charm pack (I have a couple stashed in the studio waiting for a project!), and I love the color sequence you did. I've never ripped out quilting, but I can certainly understand that sometimes it would be worth the pain.

    It is so fun to design a quilt by the seat of your pants. You can get a real sense of satisfaction from it, and something all your own. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color in this quilt. It is so happy and the orange is perfect broken up with the strip on the back. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable quilt - it is so bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! It's bright and happy and fun. And I love the back!

    Leslie S. in MN
    esclante at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. fun quilt and the backing is so bright to go with it. love wonkiness in all its forms and you've dont a very nice job with it. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!