Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

A little something on my wall

Spool blocks made from Authentic by Sweetwater. The dessert roll I purchased some time ago did not include the print with words on it. Bummer!  The blocks are fairly big at 8.75 inches square. spools I’ll play with this today to see what it’s going to become.

Head on over to Judy’s blog to see more design walls!

You know those little triangles that get chopped off when you make a 45 degree corner?

cornersI just couldn’t stand to see the poor things just laying there all matched up in pairs, right sides together. So I chained stitched for a while and did some pressing and arranging.

pinwheels 3 

I ended up with a little pinwheel mini top. It’s 7.5 inches square. Isn’t it cute?

pinwheels

pinwheels 2

Have a creative day!

7 comments:

  1. Those spool blocks are so fun, especially being a bigger size! Great fabric collection to use for that project. I have a pile of pinwheel blocks that I don't know what to do with, so maybe I will copy you and make a mini cuz I love your mini! That is adorable! Great way to use up leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spool blocks, and I've got a great big stack of those little triangles that I just cut off my Welcome Home blocks! So I see a little HST quilt in my future, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute mini quilt! Great spools...I like the bigger size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any way to turn those pinwheels into a border for the spools? How many more spools do you plan making? You know it's easier to sew 3/8" past the sew line then cut in the middle. A trick I learned from Bonnie Hunter. There is a Bernina foot #0 that works perfectly. I happen to have a Pfaff that currently doesn't have something that would works so slick. I take the time and draw the second stitch line when I'm drawing the one through the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a charm pack and some yardage of Authentic. Love it. Very pretty in spools and pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!