Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Finishes for Friday

Time to update my neglected blog! I’m linking to Sew & Tell Fridays at amylouwho’s blog. Thanks Amy!

This was a sneak peek from a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to the lovely readers who identified these as duck feet since that’s what I was going for. The first try was more akin to a kite or an emblem of some sort. Sadly, I’m not much of an artist:)

 image

So here is my Duck Tracks table runner! This is a gift that my sister-in-law asked me to make for a friend of hers who raises ducks. We wanted it to be cute without being juvenile. What do you think?  (These pictures are crummy and I apologize for that! Too lazy to take them outside.)duck tracksI used my embroidery feature to do the “Quack!” on the corners. 

duck tracks 2a

Her friend is also a former teacher and loves bright colors. I thought Make Life by Sweetwater was a good choice for this project.

My first go at half square triangles in a project was successful, but not easy to get things to fit! It was definitely a learning process.

duck tracks table runner back

The back of Duck Tracks.

make life table runner Since I had some strips cut, I decided the above mentioned sis-in-law needed a table runner, too.

make life table runner back

 make life potholders

More scraps turned into a couple of potholders.  

 mixer cover2

My KitchenAid mixer got a new cover.

 

kona I scored some Kona solids for 50% off at my local Hancock’s! I was in an autumn mode:)

 

free motion quilt-along

This is the sandwich for the Free Motion Quilt Along over at A Few Scraps blog.

 

pillowcases Pillowcases!

Thanks for stopping! Have a great weekend:)

14 comments:

  1. these are great finishes...i love those duck feet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with all your projects. I love the duck table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, girl, you've been busy!!

    Well, first of all, that duck feet table runner is just adorable, and that fabric is perfect! I love how it looks like the duck feet are waddling right along, and the quack embroidery is just over the top cute.

    And the cuteness didn't stop there either, more awesomeness all the way down the page. Love the mixer cover. Is it a red one like mine underneath? :) Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you've been so busy! Love the duck feet runner, and, well ALL the other projects, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, great finishes. I always love those scrap table runners

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been so productive lately! Love both your table runners. Those duck feet are awesome, and so is that Quack word embroidered in the corner. Well done with the HST! I love how you kept going with the scraps, even ending up with a couple potholders. Great score on those solids on sale! Always need to stock up on those. Hope you're having the same cooler temps as we are these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooowee, girl, you have been busy! Everything is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your table runner. I love the colours. It looks so cheery. Nice pillowcases. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the duck feet table runner is adorable! Nonsense about you being no artist. They look just like duck feet. I love the bright color combination too.

    And then you had to show off and go make more fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've been very busy. The table runners and pot holders are very cute, so bright and happy. Love the mixer cover. That would match my kitchen perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mixer cover, I need to make one for mine! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought "duck feet" before I saw your writing, they definitely look like duck feet to me!

    Your quilting is beautiful, I love all the things you made using the scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finished products. Loving the duck feet.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!