Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Hot days, hot flashes and back to the sewing room.

I love this guy. The Father of Cool.

image 

His name is Willis Haviland Carrier and he invented air conditioning. 

image

I’m not going to share too much information here, but hot flashes are the scourge of womanhood.

I have been completely unmotivated to find my sewing room for the last two weeks, but I had a swap commitment to fulfill and it felt good to be back in the sewing groove. I’m looking forward to working on something else today. Thanks for the kick in the pants, Terri!

swap ornament Sneak peeks!

hot pad2a

Thanks to everyone who commented about Chuck in the previous post. He’s been back to the vet twice and we’ve had to adjust the insulin amount both times. First it was too much, then not enough, but I hope the third time’s a charm and we have it just right. It’s so hard when they can’t tell you how they feel!Chuck 4 

My project for this morning is to paint speaker boxes. When he’s not playing the part of software engineer, Mr. Dotty builds stuff like the speaker and monitor cabinets below. He’s building two cabinets for a local band, so I’ll paint and he’ll put the speakers in tonight. 

100_1219

Here he is playing with Amber and a couple of other guys last summer.

He also builds guitar amps. The natural wood with the black grill cloth is very cool, I think.

guitar amps

This is his favorite thing to do, though.

dude

He’s been at it for 40 years!  Here’s one of his bands from the early ‘80s:) He’s on the right with the flying Vee. I think this was his favorite out of the many bands he’s been in. They were good but this picture cracks me up!

image

I’m not sure how I got from air conditioning to rock bands, but there you have it. Time to paint and then to the sewing room! Wishing you a creative day:)

6 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Willis! and another for Chuck, who always looks to happy and cheerful!

    What a fun musical family you have! I love hearing about Amber AND Mr. Dotty too!

    I love that sneak peak at your Christmas project. Wish I could see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Vicki! I, too, am one hot mama - ask me and I'll tell you my philosophy of hot flashes......

    Love those Christmas blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the "Father of Cool." I am just now heading into hot flash territory. So far they're pretty minor and mostly at night.

    I love the look of the natural wood speaker amps! What a great hobby for hubby. My husband used to work at his dad's factory back when we first got married, making Yamaha speaker cabinets, among others. Our stereo speakers in the living room are actually stage monitors, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH, this heat is awful. Reminds me of the mid-1980s... and those hot flashes? I have them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisapeaceandlove8/09/2010 1:31 PM

    Hi Vicki!
    I recieved the ornaments you made this morning, wrapped in the cutest Holiday print! Your sewing is impeccable; love the quilting! Now Terri can see more! Thank you so much, you were so generous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! So glad you like your things:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!