Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

34 years ago

wedding 1976
we were married in western Nebraska where I grew up. In the distant background you can see the wheat stubble of the recently harvested fields. My brothers still farm on the home place which is 4 or 5 miles from the church where this picture was taken. What really strikes me about this photo is the horizon. And the fact that we were actually young and skinny at some point!  Let me say, life with this man has never been dull. Happy Anniversary, Mr. Dotty!

*By the way, my giveaway is still open! Leave a comment to enter here.

I have to add something quilt related since I have been sewing again finally. Fresh out of the dryer!
(Pretty Please by Jennifer Paganelli and Kona solids)
100_2980 100_2982
Boy, it feels good to have this one done, since I had quilted it once, ripped it out and re-quilted it! Looks like I have some threads to clip. I’ll link up over at amylouwho’s Sew and Tell Fridays even though I’m a day late.


Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Love the yellow car! Oh, yes the young and skinny days. lol I love the wonky quilt. I'm thinking of starting a scrappy version somewhat like that to use up some odd and ends. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your wedding picture...happy anniversary. this quilt is so so beautiful, bright and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, Vicki! And I love your wedding pic - I remember those young and skinny days too - for us, 31 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you two all cute... Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! Beautiful quilt, great use of wonderful fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt. Such wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Great photo!
    I love the quilt and see Jennifer does too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and Mr. Dotty!

    That quilt looks so pretty!

    I've given you a Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out here: http://thewayisewit.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-about-versatility.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the happy couple! Love love love that photo! Your wonky box quilt is so gorgeous! Love those quilting lines for the design. (can't believe you quilted this twice - ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Wonderful photo!

    Love the wonky block quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!