Pages

Friday, July 09, 2010

Teeny tiny finish

This morning, Amber asked me if I had a spare glasses case she could use. I had this one in the “Stuff I’ve Made and Don’t Know What To Do With” bin.pinkglasscase2 She was happy to use it, but I knew it wasn’t really her style. Let’s face it, the girl’s a hippie.  She was born a few decades too late.Am and C at the zoo 2 Anyway, I had about an hour before she left for a little road trip, so I dug in the batik stash and “made some fabric” for this little case.  This is certainly not my best work as far as finishing goes. In other words don’t look too close at the top binding piece:) 

glassses case 2 I’m fascinated with wavy lines at the moment.

glassses case

Now, she has a new case and I have a project for Sew & Tell Fridays. I’m always impressed by the inspirational goodness there:)

14 comments:

  1. What a cute case! Bet Amber was quite pleased. (Actually, I kind of like Amber's style. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, especially the pink one. I am a girlie-girl. I just made a sunglass case for my Mom last week, but forgot to take a picture. Yours are much cuter. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! Good quick work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that case, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I got distracted by the rest of your blog--I'm loving it all! But back to the glasses case, it's really cute! I want one for those pesky bifocals I seem to need and have to drag from room to room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...that looks awesome...i love it...i love the first case too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a speedy finish. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the hippie thing!! this case is cute...great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Am amazed how folks can just "whip" things together in no time! So very creative ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a great finish! Very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it's so cute! I like the waves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when you can find a place for a "I don't know what to do with this" project! Love those waves on Amber's version. I also love that feeling of accomplishing smaller projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this patchwork pieced eyeglass holder. Great way to use scraps, and pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!