Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

“Enough is as good as a feast.” - Mary Poppins

Good advice as I neared a finish with my Say Cheese project.

Here’s where I started.

me (2)

 

Basic shapes on the background.

portrait

 

A neck added, pink lips and fused down.

portrait (2)

 

Bordered, quilted and bound. No more helmet head!

portrait 3

I hung it up for the night. This morning, my face is much flatter than I remembered. There are quilted lines there, but they’re done in white.

Hmmm…..maybe it’s not enough.

portrait 3a

I went over the facial lines twice with gray thread.

portrait 6a

I think that’s enough. What do you think? I left out the wrinkles:)

portrait 6

This was a gigantic learning experience and fun to boot! Thanks, V, for organizing and encouraging. Good job to all my fellow “Say Cheesers”!

I’m linking this to Sew & Tell Fridays over at amylouwho’s blog. Check out all the cool finishes over there!

25 comments:

  1. very fun! would this be a fun teacher gift? i was debating if i should make something for my kids' teachers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved seeing how these turn out! I could never do it of myself - it wouldn't look like me and I know that! lol. Very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this turned out amazing! I'm so impressed. I think the quilting lines in your hair and on your face really finish this perfectly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrific! I think it's the artist's privilege to leave out the wrinkles! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are so clever, thats brilliant. I too love the quilting lines in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I spy some Paducah bargain bin fabrics... you gotta love it! Skipping town today... going to escape the concert crazies...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! That is just so cool!

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is great! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great job! Thanks for the visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I love it that you "left out the wrinkles". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How neat! What a work of art - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Now that is creativity!

    So pretty and resembles the pic :)

    Thanks for stopping by

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely perfect. I'm so impressed. What an accomplishment. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting technique! How did you decide which fabrics to use? Looking forward to viewing all your Sew & Tells. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i gosh i love this!!!
    ...could i take some liberties with my own...make me thinner...and no lines (except for quilted ones of course) you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did an excellent job in recreating the photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!