Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Paducah bag

This is a quick post to share with Sew & Tell Fridays at amylouwho’s blog. A girl needs a new bag to hold her stash when she goes to the AQS at Paducah, right? Here’s mine!

Paducah bag3 Paducah tote

This is McCall’s pattern 5722. It’s 15 inches tall by 16 inches wide which is a very generous size. I can carry it over my shoulder or hold it down without dragging on the ground. It’s kept sturdy with buckram and fusible fleece. I just happened to have buckram hanging around from some caps I made a few years ago.

Paducah tote2 

I started this on Wednesday to use Thursday so by the end of the day, I wasn’t concerned how the inside of the binding looked and it’s a little sloppy.  I found that when you put some weight in it (my wallet and camera) the top edges curl in and look very bad!  I’m going to redo a couple of things to see if I can correct that. Otherwise, I like it very much.

I’ll post more about our quick trip to Paducah over the weekend. My jaw is still dragging on the floor from the awesomeness!

16 comments:

  1. you'll be stylin' at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a awesome bag...wish i went to paducah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely bag. Now be sure to fill it up with all sorts of lovely things from Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, wish I saw this before I went to Paducah today. IF schedule permits, I'll be back for some time on Sat. and I'll look for you through your bag! My own bag is just a plain, white canvas shoulder tote. lol

    The bag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used a little bit of Farmers Market in there! Hope you had/are having a great time in Paducah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! Will you post again when you tweak it? It is so cute, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great looking bag! Hope you had a wonderful time filling it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..that looks awesome...i love the fabric choice also

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my sew and tell. I like your fabrics you chose for the bag -- HAPPY PADUCAH-ing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! This would be such a great bag for taking to the farmers market too. I like that the handles wrap all the way around to give the bottom more support. And I like all the pockets. Great fabric combo here too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every quilter should have a big like that! Very pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh love the bag , great colours !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bag!! I wish I could have gone to this wonderfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicki, I love your bag. Hope you enjoyed Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute bag...I am a bagaholic. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!