Pages

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Looking out my back door

Before I get to the outdoor shots, I’ll show you a couple things I’ve been working on. When this grows up it will be a clergy stole. A lot of stoles are one long piece, but I wanted this to lay flat around the neck. The sides are pieced and I’ll continue to work my way around the back.
stole stole 2

I finally got some blocks done for Stephanie’s quilt along at Loft Creations. (See the link in my sidebar.) These are addicting little critters!
string blocks
Now for some “back door” pictures.
Daffodil
daffodil

Grape Hyacinths
grape hyacinths

Bradford pear tree
Bradford pear
This is pretty all by itself, but to see them in rows is incredible!
I couldn’t get any birds to cooperate this week so I’ll share a winter cardinal.
cardinal
I hope you have a productive day! I wonder if I’ll have a finish for Sew & Tell Fridays tomorrow….

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous over here n Coffee County... Nice and sunny, blossoms and blooms everywhere... Love it!

    I love the fabric choices in that black and the clergy stole is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love looking out your back door! That tree looks like a giant bouquet - stunning. Is it fragrant? And don't you love the cheerful yellow of daffodils and fragrant grape hyacinth. I can't wait for ours to bloom. Nice to see you are keeping busy with such fab sewing projects, even one for church. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the grape hyacinth and the cardinal! that's a great idea to make the clergy stole so that it will lay flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, Spring sure has come to your area.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!