Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sewing and sniffles

So, I have a case of the sniffles and sneezes and a little bit of laryngitis. In the five and a half years since I’ve been a teacher, this is only the third time I’ve been sick. During the teaching days I would get some sort of illness about once every 3 months and would lose my voice at least once during the school year. Kids love the whole laryngitis thing. Communicating with signs, sound signals and messages on the white board was a fun game!  Those silly little cootie carriers!

With the tissue box close by, I’ve done some sewing.

dotty house

Here are a few more house blocks for V at Bumble Beans.dotty house 2Another Dotty House

 house

 

house 2aSis Boom house 

 house 3 A couple of batiks

I started two baby quilts over the weekend. Here’s a peek of one using the tutorial from V and Co via Moda Bake Shop. I love this pattern!

 repeat quilt

Random observation for today:

When we move to the wide open spaces of Wyoming or South Dakota or someplace, I’m taking this gate with me. I’ll just plant it in the middle of a pasture and let the coyotes enjoy it.

gate 2

8 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Those blocks are adorable... and I'm drooling over that iron gate piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sniffles! That is a bummer. Your house blocks are so cheerful - love them all. That old gate looks amazing. I always love the colors and textures of old wrought iron work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use ColdFX. It's the approved cold medicine for Olympic Athletes. They use it all year round I think.
    It works, don't ask me how, but it works. I had a cold last monday, by Tuesday night I was better.
    Your blocks are so lovely. Fun to see what it's like when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your houses, love the fabric. I'm hoping to make a few this weekend. Get getter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house blocks are adorable! Hope you feel all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are better. Houses make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. House blocks hurt my brain, you make them look so easy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!