Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Camp Sloanie Winter Stashbuster Weekend

I’m linking this up to Sew & Tell Fridays over at Amy’s place! image

If you’ve never visited Pat Sloan’s site, you are missing out on a treasure trove! Pat has something going on all the time.  Last weekend I joined her Camp Sloanie Winter  Stashbuster’s Weekend where we put together quilt tops based around this block. It has officially been named “Tent Flaps”.

100_1905

My goal was to use up some of the blue fabrics I had been accumulating for a while.

Playing with some layouts:

Camp Sloanie

Too many possibilities to show here!

Camp Sloanie2

This is the one I chose. My finished top measures 48” X 68”.

Tent Flaps 

Here’s a link to the Flickr pool for this project. There were some amazing quilt tops made at Camp Sloanie! And I won a prize! As Pat would say…Woot Woot!

Head on over to amylouwho’s for more Sew & Tell Friday finishes!

22 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I like the stripe-y one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the versatility of that block!!

    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I like the stripe one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blues! The different layouts are very interesting.

    Thank you for visiting my sew-n-tell, and leaving the kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what fun patterns! hard to choose, I bet. I like the one you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to choose from, and I like the one you chose. Always satisfying to use the stash you have been saving a while to make something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have been missing out because I haven't been to Pat Sloan's website. Love her camp sloanie idea as a way to finish UFOs. That tent flap block is quite clever, especially with the bluesy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh..love the stripe-y one..and that blue rose print..Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the line to Pat's website. Your quilt is lovely. That block is great! Love the possiblities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple but versatile block! I like the layout you went with too. Sounds like a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your end result, you made the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layout you chose! Can't wait to see the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours and design! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun patterns. I find that creating different quilt patterns is like playing with wooden blocks as a child...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job. I like the zig-zag effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fun blocks--might have to bust my own stash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you chose well...love it! that will be so gorgeous for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so many choices!! that block is amazing! great finish

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicki, this is great. I love that block design. I haven't been to Pat's site since the Christmas Design Hop thing. I need to remedy that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!