Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow, sleet, sun and seeds

The storm came! The people bought bread, milk and batteries! When it was all over we had a few inches of snow followed by hours of sleet which gave everything a nice, icy crust. Most importantly there was no interruption in electric service. We’ve been staying in since Friday but with the sun peeking out this morning, I had to get out for a few minutes.

Same creek one week later.

000_0074

000_0076

000_0077

The birdies were hungry. This is as close as I could get without disturbing their breakfast.

000_0071

 

000_0080

000_0072

I did have time to work on a few projects for a swap and a couple of other things. I’ll share more later as I don’t want to spoil any surprises:)

 heart stuffa

000_0084

Have a lovely Sunday and tune in tomorrow for Etsy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! It seems we were all fortunate to not have our power taken from us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's the birds we had all summer! Wonder where they went for the winter! And honey--you KNOW our sewer pipes are buried much deeper, probably closer to 12 foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all our cricks are still froze, and with the amount of snow we have, I am hoping for a slow melt! Yes, I will rub it in you are getting snow--I want to SHARE THE FUN with everyone! And the kuchen was wonderful, I make great kucken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photos are so amazing! And that creek of yours looks like such a magical place, no matter what weather you are having. I just love this! Oh yeah, and I love your red and white pinwheel project. One of these days, I will get around to making a pinwheel project. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little red whirligigs! They're precious! Looks very cold there -- glad you didn't lose power.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!