Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

One Little Word

Some people like to kick off the new year with resolutions or goals. I’ve personally never been able to stick to either very successfully so I decided just to wing it for 2010. But I read about something at Pat Sloan’s blog that sounds interesting.  Choose a word for the year and apply it to your life whenever you can. No real pressure and entirely reasonable. The inspiration for this comes from Ali Edwards who started choosing her word for the year in 2007.

My word for 2010 is “accomplish”. Whether it’s losing a couple of pounds or finishing a project or even starting a project I’ll do my best to accomplish it. Not big things, just everyday stuff.

Since I can’t post without a picture, I’ll share this one of a rather big accomplishment of mine. Amber dug this one out of me performing my senior recital in college in 1978. I was a music education major with piano as my primary instrument and I started preparing for this about a year in advance. Check out those glasses!

image

If you decide to choose a word for the year, I’d love to hear about it:)

2 comments:

  1. What a cool photo! I love it! I would love to learn to play the piano, so let me know when you're in my neighborhood. LOL!

    I have heard of this idea to pick a word for the year, so I'm off to check out the list. Sounds challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we had the same glasses...LOL!
    My word is OPTIMISM...

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!