Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Looking out my back door

We’ve got a little creek (do you say “creak” or “crick”?) that runs along one property line close to our house. The rains we’ve been getting have made it run as high as I’ve seen it.  I walked from west to east along the bank and snapped a few shots.

creek

 

creek3

 creek4

This pool is usually very calm and not very deep. There are rocks to step across to the other side. They’re in there somewhere!

creek6

 

creek5    

I love the falls when they’re running.

creek7

Maybe you call it a stream?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful scenery! I love the soothing sound of the falls and a steady stream. Reminds me of the snowmelt in spring when we lived in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say beautiful! The closest I get to something like this is the concrete aquaducts for rainwater runoffs. I like yours, better. :-}

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!