Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Etsy Monday Vintage

According to Etsy, items must be at least 20 years old to qualify for the vintage category. Twenty years. How can this be? That’s like…yesterday! 

Anyway, I pulled two definitions from answer.com.

1. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.
2. Old or outmoded.

I choose #1.

During my search for Etsy Monday items I caught myself saying repeatedly “I had one of those!”, so today’s Etsy post is going to be more personal than usual. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the hunt!

 1973 HALTER TOP AND BELL BOTTOM HIP HUGGER PANTS OR SHORTS SEWING PATTERN

Valzays

imageMy favorite pants from high school! My mom made a lot of clothes for me and although this wasn’t the exact pattern we had for bell bottoms, it’s pretty close.

Vintage White Faux Pearl Necktie Necklace 60s 70s

castleofcharm

imageI had one of these cuties and wore it often.

1974 nebraska souvenir mug

ricracandbuttons

imageWe didn’t have a mug like this, but I was born and raised in Nebraska and graduated from high school in 1974! (Man, did I just admit that?)

 Black Metal Vintage Lunch Box

mareo1

imageI attended a rural elementary school with grades K-8 in one room.  Everyone brought lunch and this is exactly like the lunch box (dinner bucket) I had when I was in 7th and 8th grades. I still have it and the vinyl tape label with my name is still intact .

 VINTAGE Pyrex Serving or Mixing Bowl

MyraMelinda

imageWe received one of these bowls for a wedding gift in 1976 and I still use it regularly.

 Sixties Tote N Dry Portable Mod Pop Blue Green Daisies Hair Dryer

VintageModernDesign

 imageimage                                                                                                     Do you remember sitting under one of these with brush rollers in your hair? 

 Vintage 60s Malcolm Starr Mod Psychedelic Mini Dress Coat Set M – NOSWT

metroretrovintage

image I didn’t know anyone who owned this ensemble, but isn’t that the coolest fabric! It reminds me of Laugh-in!

I hope you had fun with my blast from the past. These sellers have tons of great vintage items in their shops. Go have a look! Thanks to the Etsians who participated in Etsy Monday:)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some awesome vintage items! I especially love that pattern. I do remember those old hair dryers too. Seems dangerous now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog and article! It was certainly a blast from the past, seeing all of the great 'flower power' vintage of the period. :) Thank you for including my dress set (and yes -- it does remind me of "Laugh-In" also, lol). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thanks for adding my lunch box. Your article brought
    back many happy memories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, I don't FEEL vintage! I graduated in 1975, have a whole SET of those bowls (without the "ears" on the sides that were wedding presents, and yes I remember those hair dryers! And I graduated just to the north of you in SD!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!