Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's time to quilt!

I would put my sewing skills in the intermediate category. I learned to sew from my mom who made lots of my clothes and in turn I sewed for my girls. I spent some time making "Boutique" clothing for kids but that ended with the CPSIA. Quilting has always interested me and I've spent quite a lot of time recently drooling over quilting blogs and patterns. My new machine has a quilting foot and a 1/4 inch guide foot so there's no excuses now. I'm ready to tackle some real quilting.
Although I'm fairly confident about piecing, I admit to having a tiny fear of the quilting process. I'm going to start small and work my way up. My daughter's good friend is going to have a little girl in November so my goal is to have adequate skills by then to make a baby quilt.
If anyone has any tips for a beginner I'd be glad to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to reply to your comments, so if you are an 'Anonymous' commenter, please include a way for me to get in touch!